As this year’s monsoon is affected by EL Nino, India has received deficient rainfalls over many regions, including Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. Crops like paddy, Maize, cotton, groundnut and pulses had been severely affected due to the deficient rains, across many regions of these states. After the August dry spell, September month had brought some welcoming monsoon showers, with some relieving light-moderate rainfalls. The monsoon is expected to last over these regions till first week of October.
Let us see how the final monsoon acts over these states during next 4-5 days.
- Southern Andhra Pradesh and Northern Tamilnadu has been forecast with moderate-heavy rainfalls for rest of the month.
- In southern AP, regions like Chittoor, Satya Sai, Tirupati, Annamayya has been forecast with moderate-heavy rainfalls from September 28- October 1.
- Anantapur, YSR Cuddappah, Nellore, Prakasam, Guntur, Palnadu districts may also receive moderate-heavy rainfalls for next 3-4 days.
- Northern Tamilnadu districts like, Chennai, Tiruvallur, Chengalpet, Kanchipuram, Vellore are expected to receive moderate-heavy showers for the rest of the month.
- Ranipet, Tirupathur, Krishnagiri, Tiruvannamalai and Villupuram are also very much likely to receive moderate-heavy rainfalls from September 28- 30.
Advisory to Farmers:
- Farmers who are sowing paddy nurseries are advised to treat the seeds with carbendizem @ 3 g/kg seed followed by shade drying for 24 hours before sowing.
- Provide drainage facility to the nursery field and avoid fertilizer application or any kind of spray.
- Maintain proper drainage in the cotton fields and postpone pesticide spraying and fertilizer application.
- Maize growing farmers are suggested to apply neem cake @ 250 kg/ha in case of fall army worm infection, and Seed treatment with cyantraniliprole 19.8% + thiamethoxam 19.8 FS @ 4.0 ml/kg seed.
- Border cropping with gingelly or cowpea or sorghum will be beneficial.
- Banana farmers are recommended to provide support to five months and above old banana plants, to prevent them falling down.
For more updates about Agri news and weather forecast, please visit Fasal Salah Android App.
Download Fasal Salah - https://goo.gl/5Yu1u9