This year Monsoon has been severely affected by EL Nino, with a large deficiency of rainfall causing a significant loss to the agricultural industry. After the August dry spell, nation got to witness some comforting downpours in the month of September. These unseasonal excessive rains have affected some crops like soybean, guar and moong. On the other hand, it is benefiting some farmers who had sown their crops late.
Let us review the weather forecast for the final days of Monsoon, this 2023.
Weather Forecast: 20 Sep 2023 - 26 Sep 2023
- A cyclonic circulation with a Low-Pressure Area is lying over Northwest of BOB, which is moving to its northwest direction, and is expected to hit Odisha-Jharkhand in next 2 days.
- This system is likely to cause isolated very heavy rainfall over Odisha for next 2-3 days. Farmers are advised to maintain proper drainage channels and remove excess water from the paddy fields.
- Light- moderate rain with thunderstorms and lightening is also possible over Gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Sikkim and Bihar from September 21-23.
- Another cyclonic circulation is over Southwest Rajasthan, which is likely to move towards west, might hit some regions of Gujarat and furtherly move into Arabian sea.
- This system is bringing heavy rains over Western regions of Gujarat like Saurashtra and Kutch for next 2 days.
- This could affect the production of sugarcane, groundnut and soybean crops, which would encourage a price hike.
- Madhya Pradesh, Northern Karnataka, Eastern UP, and north-eastern states like Assam and Arunachal Pradesh are also expected with light- moderate rainfall in coming 5-6 days.
- Coming to South India, Coastal Andhra Pradesh and some parts of Kerala and Tamil Nadu are expected with light- moderate rainfall during next 4-5 days.
Weather Forecast: 27 Sep 2023 - 30 Sep 2023
- The monsoon is anticipated to move away from North and Western India by the end week of September and show its impact over Central and Southern India.
- Some regions over Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Jharkhand are likely to receive light- moderate rainfall from Sep 27-30.
- Some parts of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka are also predicted with light-moderate rainfalls from 27-30 Sep.
- Coastal regions of Karnataka and Maharashtra likely to receive isolated rainfalls.
- Southern regions of Kerala and Tamil Nadu are also likely to receive rainfall to some extent in the last week of September.
For more updates about Agri news and weather forecast, please visit Fasal Salah Android App.
Download Fasal Salah - https://goo.gl/5Yu1u9