- The following two days will likely see the Southwest Monsoon withdrawal from more areas of Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha, Karnataka, and the remaining portions of Telangana, Maharashtra, and the Central Arabia Sea.
- An east-west oriented trough over the extreme south peninsular and a cyclonic circulation that is associated with it will produce light to moderate rainfall over interior Karnataka around 16th October.
- Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and Kerala-Mahe are also anticipated to experience isolated heavy rainfall along with thunderstorms and lightning from 14-16 October.
- For the next five days, mild to moderate rain is expected in Northeast India like Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal due to a cyclonic circulation over the region.
- Snow or light to moderate rainfall along with thunderstorms and lightning is expected over Kashmir-Gilgit-Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand from October 14–16.
- A recent Western Disturbance is expected to bring light rainfall over Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan during October 15–16, and may extend to Delhi NCR by next week.
- No significant weather over the rest of the regions of the country.
Advisory to farmers:
- In present weather conditions, constant monitoring for brown plant hopper (BPH) in paddy field is advised.
- Spray Azadirachtin 0.03% 400 ml (Or) Flubendiamide 20% WG 50g per acre in 200 litres of water in case of Stem borer and spray Acephate 75 % SP 400 ml (Or) Spray Azadirachtin 0.03% 400ml per acre in 200 litres of water in case of Leaf folder.
- In case of blast disease infestation in paddy, top dressing of Nitrogenous fertilizer application is not advisable.
- It is recommended to check for fruit and shoot borer attack in brinjal, and spray 80 ml Coragen 18.5 SC or 80 g Proclaim 5SG in 100-125 liters of water per acre.
- Cotton picking is advisable during this period.
- Paddy farmers are advised to harvest their crop soon after maturity, and start preparing the land for Rabi sowing.
- These final showers are favourable for rabi sowing, as it adds up to the soil moisture.
- Farmers of Punjab, Haryana UP and MP etc., are advised to prepare land for sowing of Wheat, Mustard and other rabi crops like potato and chickpea.
- Pre-sowing of Rabi Sorghum can be started, and treat the seeds by dipping them in desi cow urine (25% i.e. 250ml cow urine in 1000ml of water) for 8 hours followed by shade drying and then sown. This aids in uniform sprouting of seeds and also in yield.
- Storage of harvested pulses can be done by Bruchid Management system in the storage in order to protect the seeds from the ravage of bruchids.
- Farmers are advised to take up seed treatment measures by the use of non-drying oils such as Castor oil and Honge oil (10gm) per kg of seeds.
For more updates on Agri and weather news, download Fasal Salah Android App- https://goo.gl/5Yu1u9