This year, paddy has been sown in estimated 412 lakh hectares, 2% more than the last year. This is leading to building up of arrival pressure and lower prices. Government’s ban of rice exports and implementation of MEP, has restricted miller purchases.
Exploitation in Fatehabad Mandi:
- In Fatehabad Mandi, traders and millers are acting unfairly adding up to farmer’s miseries.
- Ram Jatt Bharati, a member of Kisan Union Kethi Bachao, stated that the millers and dealers of Fatehabad have united and had taken a secret oath (lota namak kasam) to buy the paddy only at MSP.
- In a meeting held on 28th September at Fatehabad Mandi, an agreement on following points emerged:
- The paddy which are in pile stocks are to be bought first.
- Each miller should buy only ten thousand bags of paddy on MSP, in the first term.
- After every miller gets ten thousand bags, the second term will be started.
- If any miller buys the paddy at more price than MSP, they will be fined with one lakh rupees.
- The collected fine amount will be donated among the goshala in the area.
- Mr. Ram Jatt Bharati, is motivating farmers through his video, to be strong and remain united to face challenges posed by trade and ban on basmati export.
Click the link to watch full video - https://youtu.be/r-tXD61894w
For more updates about Agri news and weather forecast, download Fasal Salah - https://goo.gl/5Yu1u9