This year, Andhra Pradesh has marked 13% deficient rainfall, during the southwest monsoon season with an approximate 454.6mm rainfall from June-September. In October, the state has received only 13.7mm of rainfall compared to the normal 126.9mm, with all 26 districts recording rainfall deficits ranging from 85% to 99%. Only a few districts like Krishna, palnadu and manyam has received isolated rainfall, but still had significant deficiency.
The twin cyclonic systems over Arabian Sea and BOB had caused in delay of onset of the northeast monsoon. The dry spell resulted in decrease of the soil moisture effecting the standing crops as well as upcoming rabi crops. Farmers are bothered about the yield of paddy, pulses and other kharif crops, estimating that the yield could be decreased than last year.
- The first active spell of Northeast monsoon is expected to start from 28th October and continue till first week of November.
- Various parts of Coastal AP and Tamil Nadu are likely to get light-moderate widespread rains.
- Coastal regions like East Godavari, West Godavari, Guntur, Krishna, Nellore, Palnadu, Kakinada etc., are expected to receive light-moderate isolated rainfall from 28th October and then gradually picks up.
- As the northeast monsoon strengthens, some regions of Rayalaseema are also expected to get benefited with some light-moderate spells.
- Additionally, a cyclonic circulation is lying over Southwest Bay of Bengal, which is anticipated to bring light-moderate rains over coastal AP regions.
- There are chances it could further get intensified into a depression, bringing moderate showers into the state.
- Go for second top dressing of urea @ 35 kg/acre and MOP @ 17 kg/acre at panicle initiation stage and see that there is sufficient moisture in the paddy field.
- If potassium deficiency is noticed in paddy crop, go for application of MOP @ 17 kg/acre.
- To overcome moisture stress conditions in rice, go for spraying with K @ 1%.
- Irrigation is very critical in maize crop. Provide irrigation at all the critical growth stages, to avoid rolling of leaves.
- In black gram, tobacco caterpillar is a severe pest. Collect and destroy their eggs.
- Present weather conditions are favorable for the incidence of leaf Webber in red gram. To control go for spraying of monocrotophos 1.6 ml/L.
- Do propping by leaving 8 leaves from the top to avoid crop lodging due to winds in Sugarcane.
For more updates on Agri and weather news, download Fasal Salah Android App- https://goo.gl/5Yu1u9