Fig: Rainfall Forecast Map
- Southeast Bay of Bengal is currently under the Cyclonic Circulation over the neighbouring Andaman Sea and Southeast Bay of Bengal.
- Over the period of next 48 hours, a low-pressure area is expected to emerge over the central regions of the Bay of Bengal as it moves north-westward.
- This north-west movement of the CC furtherly with a Low-Pressure-Area could possibly result in a wet weather conditions over Coastal AP and Odisha.
- There is a good chance of isolated heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and lightning over coastal Odisha, Yanam, and north coastal Andhra Pradesh around 23-24rth October.
- Coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh like Visakhapatnam, Vizayanagaram, Kakinada, Krishna, Guntur etc., are expected to receive widespread rain around 23-25 October.
- Regions like Bhubaneshwar, Sambalpur, Balasore etc., are also anticipated to receive heavy rainfall during the period.
- The Cyclonic System is expected to reach up to Odisha coast and may result in heavy rainfall at coastal regions of Odisha.
- The impact of this weather system may also reach up to Jharkhand, West Bengal and adjoining regions and produce moderate-heavy showers in some regions between 25-27 Oct.
- Additionally, a trough is passing from the above-mentioned cyclonic circulation across the Southeast Bay of Bengal to the Comorin Area, crossing Sri Lanka.
- Kerala is expected to receive widespread rains with associated thunderstorms for more 1-2 days.
- Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal regions are to receive isolated showers for next 1-2 days.
- Karnataka may receive isolated scattered rainfall for next 1-2 days.
Advisory to Farmers:
- Farmers are advised to complete the sowing of Toria and Mustard. Make proper arrangements for water conservation around the field.
- Before sowing the mustard seeds, it should be treated with Carbendazim @ 2 gm/kg or Thiram @ 3 gm/kg of seed.
- Nursery preparation can be started for the cauliflower varieties and raise the seedlings in shade net house.
- To control Neck Blast diseases in paddy first drain out excess water from the paddy field. Spray Hexaconazole @ 400-ml/acre or Azoxystrobin+ Difenoconazole @ 200-ml/acre or Tebuconazole + Trifloxystrobin @ 80-gram/acre.
- Stop irrigating the paddy crop before a fortnight to maintain the optimum grain moisture, facilitate easy harvesting and timely sowing of succeeding crop in the same field.
- Farmers are advised to harvest maize as soon as the crop matures to avoid damage due to rain, and store them in a dry and safe place.
- It is best time for sowing of spinach, fenugreek, coriander, radish, turnip, garlic and early varieties of pea i.e., Matar Ageta7 and AP-3.
For more updates on Agri and weather news, download Fasal Salah Android App- https://goo.gl/5Yu1u9